Saturday, January 14, 2012

Chillin in Burrrr lin aka Berlin

          During my Euro trip last January 2011, I decided to make a stop in Berlin Germany. I heard Berlin was one of the  best places in Europe for artists and musicians. Naturally, I was eager to go there. When I arrived to my hostel I asked one of the staff members if he could recommend a really cool place for artist to check out, and he sent me Tacheles. "Tacheles,"  is a Jewish word meaning - to disclose, to reveal or speak clearly. The slang word was bringing to an end.  
          The art center Tacheles is located  in a ruin in Berlin Mitte which is in former East Berlin. The area was a Jewesh headquarter in the past and now has become a meeting point for people interested in Art/Music/Culture. Here are some pics I took in and outside Tacheles and some of the Berlin wall . For more info on Tacheles click here
                                Tacheles Building

  Now isn't that the biggest cock you've ever seen? I couldn't help myself.
                    That's not the way to get aHead in life.
                                          u talkin to me?



  These last 3 painting were some of my favorite painting I saw inside Tacheles. I couldn't find remember his  name. But I remembered he is from Belarus.
                                                          Berlin Wall
                                                          off the wall.


If you end up coming to Tacheles a little later in the evening and want to listen to live music or dj's close by, there is a place called Zapata next to the Tachels building. It's really cool cafe by day, and venue/club by night.  Another thing I really enjoyed about Berlin, was how delicious and cheap the beer was at the super markets. 
Shahin

1 comment:

  1. Really love these photos and the witty comments! I hope one day I will get to visit Tacheles! Thanks for telling me about a place I would have never heard of!

    -Nico

    www.SatinandSalt.com

    ReplyDelete